Thursday, April 14, 2011

Up, Up, Up, and away! - JFF

Today I will feature two cards I created using the Blossom Petals Punch. Above you see hot air balloons. This idea was a brainstorm of my gal pal Deb Segler's and mine. We do work well together!!!  Love Ya Debbiekins. :O)
Cardstock:
Marina Mist
Whisper White
Crumb Cake
Pear Pizzaz
DSP:
Greenhouse Gala #117167
Punches:
Blossom Petals Punch #121808
Decorative Label Punc (tag) #120907
Build a Cupcake Punch (clouds) #121807
Ink:
Marina Mist
Basic Black
Ribbon:
Bashful Blue Stitched Grosgrain
Accessories:
Build a Brad
Dimensionals

For the card I matted Marina Mist cardstock on Crumb Cake. Then I punched the five large petals with the Blossom Petals Punch. Then I punched 5 of the smallest leaves and trimmed them down to make the baskets. I took the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and drew my lines and wrote the sentiment. Balloons are raised up with Dimensionals.

*******************************************************************************
Here, as you can see I used the Blossom Petals Punch again. The neat thing about this punch is it's versatility!
My card base is Dusty Durango. I love it!!! I embossed with the Tulips Frame embossing folder first.
Ink:
Stampin' Write Markers
Dusty Durango
Cameo Coral
Apricot Appeal
Pear Pizzaz
Cardstock:
Dusty Durango
Whisper White
Pear Pizzaz

For this flower you will have to stamp & punch out of Whisper White cardstock:
8 large solid petals
8 large open leaves
6 small heart shaped petals
1 flower center (round)

Stamps & punch out of Pear Pizzaz cardstock:
2 large open petals

I used the markers to apply color to the stamps and I stamped the pieces. Then the assembly is basic. I started with a spare piece of cardstock cut with the circle portion of the punch for my base. Then I layered the 8 large solid petals first all the points touching one another. Then I layered the 8 large open leaves starting with a Dimensional adhesive. And I carried on with each layer the same way, ending with the circle flower on top which I adhered with Tombow. The two large open petals for the leaves were places on the back of the flower as the last thing. Then I used the Tombow to adhere the flower to the Dusty Durango which I had already embossed with the Tulips Frame.

I hope you enjoyed these two cards and hope you will try your hand at creating something similar. If you do, I'd love to see it. So please leave your link in the comments.
TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty aka ZacksNana
Betty Stamps TX (SHOP)

No comments:

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O