Friday, April 27, 2012

I Spy a Color Throw Down

I Spy #13 and Color Throw Down #189. These two challenges really work well together for me. I have a terrific sketch as well as a lovely color palette to work with. I often have trouble with paneled cards (what I call them for lack of a better word). I never can get my pieces uniform in size and shape. Then I stumbled on a happy moment when I realized, if I cut my card blank and matte first then I can cut another piece of cardstock matte of a third color graduated 1/4" inch smaller that the previous piece and then cut it into the panels. Kicking myself for not having thought of that sooner. For a long time now I have been straying away from paneled cards and now I think I may have a technique that will work for me!!!

Anywhoo, now if I could only get perfect light to take my photos, I'd be whistling Dixie!!!

Hope you like my card for these 2 fabulous challenges!

TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty J Schaub
www.bettystampstx.stampinup.net

3 comments:

Kristin Eberline said...

Very pretty, Betty! Nice job with the colors :] Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week :]

Wanda Cullen said...

Great card combining both challenges! So glad you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

Love the sentiment stamped on the blue dp...really makes it pop!! Flower is gorgeous and wonderful sponging!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!!

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O