Sunday, September 30, 2012

Snowbody

Hi there! Welcome back!

Last week I featured a group of cards I had created while I was trying to rest up my knee. Today I wanted to talk to you about how I created this card. I think it turned out so stinkin' cute!

These are all Stampin' Up! products and are all available in the current catty.

Stamps : Snow Much Fun (W) 122560 , (C) 122562
Cardstock : Very Vanilla
Ink Pads : Basic Black
Markers : Bashful Blue, Real Red, Only Orange, Basic Black
Signo : White Gel Pen, Red Signo Gel Pen (NOT STAMPIN' UP!)
Twine : Island Indigo, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
DSP: Festival of Prints Paper Stack 126904
Framelits : Apothecary Accents Framelits 127003
Extras : Stampin' Paper-Piercing Pack 126187, Modern Label Punch 119849

I stamped my image on a piece of Very Vanilla cs ( cut 6" x 3 1/2"). Then I cut a small piece of the light blue dsp (2" x 3 1/2") and adhered it to the bottom portion of my very Vanilla cs. Then I took that piece and placed it in the Framelits die and ran it through the Big Shot, cutting the pieces together. Then I used the piercing pack and pierced from the point just to the lower scallop on both sides and each end. I cut one 6" each, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso baker's twine. Gather the lengths together and wrapped them around my piece then tied a half knot on the left side. Then on a piece of the light blue dsp I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black and punched with the Modern Label Punch. Then cut another fromt he same paper and flipped it over to matte my label.

I mounted my image onto a piece of 6" x 3 1/2" Island Indigo cs. Under that I placed a piece of the dsp from the Festival of Prints paper stack.

When I was done I went back and added some little blue dots for the snow effect - Bashful Blue marker.

Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial.
I'd love to hear your comments. If you are interested in purchasing any of the products used in creating this card, please add your contact info. in your comment or go straight to my ONLINE STORE.


TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty J Schaub
www.bettystampstx.stampinup.net
 

No comments:

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O