Friday, May 31, 2013

JFF58 Caged Bird

So this week I won an Ebay sale for Tim Holtz Caged Bird Die.I fell in love with a project I saw on someone's blog. However I am not going to show you that project today. Still working with the die I cut the cage from silver metal. Then I painted it with two coats of Ranger Patina in Antique Copper, letting it dry between coats. You can see the first coat going on below.


I cut the little bird and it's wing from 2 different dsp with the same pattern. I distressed them a little bit with Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. Added a little green rhinestone for an eye. Crystal Effects on the wing for some added dimension.  

Above is the completed card. As you can see I was so excited with the finished project I couldn't even wait for the Crystal Effects to dry. :O)
The Dogwood branch and blossoms are from my friend's die. I mounted everything on Bashful Blue cs and distressed the edges. Then matted with Island Indigo. 

TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty K Schaub

2 comments:

Patrice said...

So inventive - htanks for linking up at 52 Card Pickup!

loz said...

Fantastic card and Birdcage Betty..Loz

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O