Sunday, April 5, 2015

Freshly Made

Today I played with the sketch over at Freshly Made. This card was created for Challenge #180 -- using the sketch below. 
 To start off I tried something "NEW". Well at least it is new to me. Have YOU ever heard of Bister/Bitre??? YouTube has several tutorials on Bister. Just type Bister in the search bar at YouTube. You won't be sorry.

I hadn't until last week. You see I was just looking around on Pinterest for some new techniques I could try on my cards. I was getting into a rut and wanted to do something different. So when I stumbled across Bister I said, "I've got to get me some of that!" Then I immediately popped over to I Brake for Stamps and bought all 8 colors. Very reasonably priced!!! You get these 8 little pots. Mind you, a little goes a LONG way! On my card I used Red, Mahogany and Yellow Bister. Spritzed with clear water and sat back and watched the magic happen!!!
Once my Bister piece was dry I took a piece of my clear sheets from Stampin' Up! and stamped the large flower from the Nature's Perfection Sale-a-brations set in Versa Mark and heat embossed with white em powder. Then I trimmed around the bottom edges of the stamped flowers, so I would have that rounded effect that is on the FM sample.
I then stamped the Hello from SU! set My Friend in black ink on SU! dsp. Then I stamped the bird and its feet and feather from SU! Language of Friendship set in Versa Mark and heat embossed in white. Then I flicked in some real red with my marker. I assembled the bird and used dimensionals to attach it to the sentiment. Finished it off with some SU! twine and some beads from my stash. 
Then I called this one DONE! 

If you;d like to participate in the Freshly Made Sketches challenge you can click the image below.

TFL
T%dles Peeps!
Betty Justilian Schaub

4 comments:

loz said...

This is Fabulous Betty. I have never heard of Bister. Off to google it to see..Loz

Amy O said...

Well, I have never heard of Bister. That's one of the cool things about hopping around to different blogs -- I get to learn new things. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Totally happy you shared this with us! The FMS team loves learning about new stuff and I had not heard of this either. Great card! Glad you joined us this week!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I never heard about Bister too and this turned out adorable with white embossing there Betty..lovely bird too..awesome card..

Miscellaneous

Graduation 2018 O